I am a freelance multimedia journalist, with excellent skills in print, online and broadcast journalism, as well as new technology such as data journalism and mapping technologies. I can produce video for different outlets to a very high standard using some of the latest HD video technology.
Examples of my work can be found on the right hand side of this page, or on my Newspaper & Website Bylines section. My CV can be found here. You can get in touch with me here, or you can follow me on Twitter – i’m @andrewstuart and can usually be found there.
I have previously been an MA student on the Interactive Journalism course at City University. I have also completed an undergraduate degree in Broadcast Journalism from Staffordshire University, graduating with First Class Honours.
I have worked as a freelance photographer and journalist since 2008, and have worked around the country, for local, online, and national publications in print, online and on radio. I have other experience as a sales photographer with a nightclub photography company in Llandudno and abroad in Cyprus in a DJ Mag top 100 club.
I have been published in, featured on or worked with the following networks/publications/stations.
- The Manchester Evening News – Multimedia journalist with the website for the M.E.N. and associated weekly newspapers.
- The Guardian – Working with the Data Blog and Data Store team.
- Daily Post – writing news and features, photography, data journalism.
- BBC Radio Five Live – BBC Blast: presented an item on the Stephen Nolan show. Drive: work experience researching
- BBC Radio Wales – BBC Blast research
- BBC Staffordshire Online – writing online news.
- North Wales Pioneer – regular freelance photographer. Numerous front page images. Some written work
- StaffsLive – news editor for the website, prominent contributor, and author of lots of big stories.
- Heart FM – broadcast journalist, gathering audio and generating stories.
- Tudno FM – volunteer presenter and journalist, assisted with running the station, presented regular and cover shows.
- Focal Radio – weekend news journalist, cover drive presenter.
- Daily Express – freelance photography.
- Daily Star – freelance photography.
- Daily Mail & Mail Online – freelance photography.